- Scavengers/Safai Karamcharis and their dependants duly identified under the National Scheme for Liberation & Rehabilitation of Scavengers (NSLRS) in a survey.
- Registered co-operative societies of Safai Karamcharis.
- Legally constituted association/firm promoted by the target group, and
- All those who produce a certificate from local Revenue Officer/local Municipal Officer/Cantonment Executive Officer/Railway Officer, Head of the Govt. Departments (i.e. Schools, Colleges, Forest, Health, Education, Animal Husbandry) having rank not less than Gazetted Officer, Elected Members of Municipal Body & Pradhan of Gram Panchayats, Regional Mangers of Regional Rural Banks(RRBs)/Nationalised Banks.
- However, under the MS Act, 2013, a person identified as Manual Scavenger in a survey, need not to provide any certificate once his/her name appeared in the final list of Manual Scavengers prepared by State Governments/Union Territory Administration.
- No income limit is fixed for availing financial assistance. However, other things being equal, NSKFDC accords priority to economic development and rehabilitation of –
- Scavengers and amongst scavengers those scavengers whose income is below double the poverty line;
- Women from among the target group and
- Disabled persons among the target group.
Financial viability, income generating capacity of the project etc. are considered while evaluating the projects for financing.