In order to make direct interaction with the target group for creating awareness about NSKFDC's schemes and programmes, NSKFDC with the assistance of State Channelising Agencies (SCAs) is holding the Awareness Camps in the basties / areas of Safai Karamcharis/Scavengers to motivate them to avail the benefits of the schemes of the corporation to enable them to break away from thir traditional occupation of scavenging and sweeping and take up alternative and dignified occupations or self employment activities.
The features of the Awareness Camps are as under: -
- The officials of NSKFDC along with the District Officials of SCAs are actively associated for holding the Camps.
- Publicity is made through distribution of Handbills/pamphlets in local languages, advertisements in local newspapers of the Districts etc.
- The participants of the target group are shown documentary films on NSKFDC and informed about NSKFDC schemes and the procedure for availing loans.
- The Officials of the SCAs and NSKFDC representative guide them for availing loans under NSKFDC/SCA Schemes.
- The Preliminary Loan Application Forms are got filled from the interested eligible persons of the target group during the Awareness Camps by the Officials of the SCAs after collecting from the participants the data regarding name, address, qualifications, experience and choice of scheme, amount of loan, skill training required etc.
- The above data is used by the SCAs for formulating project proposals.
- Under this scheme, the Corporation reimburses upto Rs.30,000/- (per Awareness Camp) to the SCAs for holding the Awareness Camps.